Jump to content

Problems initializing SSL


pwndson

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody!

First of all I am very sorry for using English language. I can't speak fluently.

You all can answer back in Russian - I don't mind. I just can't speak Russian.

Anyways, I tried installing IPB. Everything was okay, until I decided to activate my SSL.

I tried changing conf_global.php file, but when I do that and activate my SSL my whole website breaks.

The theme just bugs out and there's random text everywhere, no styles, no buttons - everything is chaotic.

Can you guys help me out? I am using djino.ru as my hosting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pwndson если форум новый? то попробуйте установить еще раз сайт. то есть все по новой с включенным SSL

if the forum is new? then try to install the website again. that is, all over again with SSL enabled

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SlawkA said:

pwndson если форум новый? то попробуйте установить еще раз сайт. то есть все по новой с включенным SSL

if the forum is new? then try to install the website again. that is, all over again with SSL enabled

Yeah, the forum is new! You can check it at www.tretoko.com

When I try to fresh install with SSL enabled beforehand it won't let me - I go to step 2 of IPB install & it won't let me agree to the terms. 

I have to deactivate SSL, install website & then activate SSL. But when I do activate SSL, my website breaks.  :(:(:(

Also @SlawkA thank you very much for the quick response

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11.png = how my website looks like when I have enabled the option in 33.png

22.png = how my website looks like when I edit conf_global.php to include https

So basically my website works only without SSL

11.PNG

22.PNG

33.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pwndson удалите базу данных, удалите все полностью на хосте, весь вэбсайт.

начните все заново, установку. создайте другую базу данных, загрузите новый вэбсайт на хостинг,

и что бы SSL был включен при этом.

либо скиньте тогда могу завтра вам сам поставить как надо. скинете мне в ЛС логины и пароли.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SlawkA said:

pwndson удалите базу данных, удалите все полностью на хосте, весь вэбсайт.

начните все заново, установку. создайте другую базу данных, загрузите новый вэбсайт на хостинг,

и что бы SSL был включен при этом.

либо скиньте тогда могу завтра вам сам поставить как надо. скинете мне в ЛС логины и пароли.

I re-installed my VPS 2 times now and website maybe 5. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you very much @SlawkAfor the help, very appreciated!!! I will contact you tomorrow for help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SlawkA said:

pwndson если форум новый? то попробуйте установить еще раз сайт. то есть все по новой с включенным SSL

if the forum is new? then try to install the website again. that is, all over again with SSL enabled

Yeah... just tried again. Site doesn't want to load at all...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 часа назад, pwndson сказал:

until I decided to activate my SSL.

Сначала полностью настройте ssl, вообще без форума, только nginx или apache, что там у вас? и файлик index.html с текстом "hello ssl" Форуму вообще без разницы, что вы используете, http или https, никаких специальных настроек делать не надо. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Desti said:

Сначала полностью настройте ssl, вообще без форума, только nginx или apache, что там у вас? и файлик index.html с текстом "hello ssl" Форуму вообще без разницы, что вы используете, http или https, никаких специальных настроек делать не надо. 

It won't let me install IPB if I have SSL enabled beforehand :( I am using Apache / CentOS

I just tried using another domain (tretoko.ru) and the same happens... won't let me install with SSL. I install without SSL no problem, but the moment I turn SSL on my whole website goes to hell....... @Destivery appreciated for your asnwer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 минут назад, pwndson сказал:

but the moment I turn SSL on my whole website goes to hell...

Включите ssl, откройте сайт, нажмите F12 и перейдите на страницу "Console". Там будут показаны ошибки загрузки (Error) и вы сможете понять, почему не грузится сайт. Кстати, когда вы переключаете на https на 443 порту, http продолжает работать на 80-м порту?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Desti said:

Включите ssl, откройте сайт, нажмите F12 и перейдите на страницу "Console". Там будут показаны ошибки загрузки (Error) и вы сможете понять, почему не грузится сайт. Кстати, когда вы переключаете на https на 443 порту, http продолжает работать на 80-м порту?

When I have SSL activated no matter how many times I click continue it just refreshes the page and won't let me set up the website.

If I turn SSL off I don't have this issue. 

44.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SlawkA said:

pwndson смените хостинг.

I tried OVH hosting, but I can't install anything there : too complicated.

So I saw a YouTube video of a Russian guy installing IPB on Jino.Ru ..... :(:(:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pwndson попробуйте хостинг hostland.ru

там много выбора. и для теста дают 30 дней.

я им пользуюсь с 2013 года.

просто для теста возьмите там на 30 дней.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everybody, I am still trying to solve this issue. Basically turning SSL on breaks my website. Anyone can help?

No SSL: works fine, www.tretoko.com

With SSL: looks broken & chaotic https://www.tretoko.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SOLUTION: 

<IfModule env_module> SetEnv HTTP_SCHEME https SetEnv HTTPS on </IfModule>

ADD THIS TO .htaccess file

<IfModule env_module>

SetEnv HTTP_SCHEME https

SetEnv HTTPS on

</IfModule>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Это не решение, как бы подразумевается, что вы сделали минимальные настройки сервера и php для работы ssl. А оказывается, нет. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически строена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...